Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Break To Complain a Little Bit

There are a lot of things in life that involve difficult decisions. Everybody knows that.

In an ideal world, there are difficult decisions because people want to benefit themselves, but they also want to benefit the people around them so that they will be able to, in turn, help them.

Here:

Take nature.

Nature, when left alone, forms a harmonious, beautiful, mindless ecosystem. Organisms live, they serve a purpose to their surroundings, whatever that might be, and they die. Their body breaks down, they become a part of everything blah blah blah.

Put humans into that equation, make them mindless, and they work together to defend each other and survive blah blah blah.

There are no difficult decisions for mindless people. They act instinctively and if they are right they live, if they're wrong then they die. oops. fortunately there's a couple thousand other mindless people of the same sort to take the spot blah blah blah.

I am referring to men of the "prehistoric" or "stone" age.

Whatever the fuck we are now, we aren't humans. Technically, we are, but theoretically, we aren't. I keep talking about that will to survive crap, to push on, to better yourself, well, its selfish.

Its about as selfish as it gets.

Selfishness is found in animals around the world, don't get me wrong. Ever tried taking food from a bear?

Yet the true selfishness, the kind of which I'm talking about, doesn't exist anywhere but in the human being. Ever see a bear mark an entire food source as his own, so that he can have all the food, and sell it to other bears so they don't die in exchange for their mountain cave with a stellar night sky view?

But its expected now. That's why we are different than animals we want more blah blah blah.

So when people tell you you're selfish, well, yeah. You probably are. And so are they, for wanting you to share.

Yet its easy to define good selfishness from bad selfishness. Hitler, "The world will be mine" Susan B. Anthony "I want to vote".

My point is that it really depends on what kind of selfishness you go at.

Hitler, "Once the world is mine I will make it how i want"

Susan B. Anthony, "Once I can vote, so can all other women"

Sure you could say that Anthony to Hitler is a bit of a stretch, but how about day to day decisions.

"I want all the cookies because I'm hungry, but nobody else will have any"

"I'm going to make all the cookies because I'm hungry, I'll make enough for everybody"

Sure you could say that Deuche to Faggot is a bit of a stretch, but how about business decisions.

"I'm going to protect my money during this economic crisis, liquidize my stocks, maybe even short some, sell all my bonds, put it all in foreign banks under a stable currency, and wait for the economy to turn around. In other words, fuck the banks and the market. At least I didn't lose it all. My company will have to make major cuts. I'll feel bad firing those employees."

"I'm going to keep my savings in the accounts and deal with the lack of interest, buy stock while its low, and work harder to keep my company afloat so that when the economy turns around because of people like me, I will have made money, earned the respect of my employees, and have a solid company."

Sure you could say that Safe to Risky is a bit of a stretch, but it's NOT risky if EVERYBODY does it.

Safe isn't safe anymore when the Riskys all collapse under their weight, their foreign banks shut down due to their own economic crisis caused by your economic problems, and when they run out of people to fire.

See the trend?

There are a lot of tough decisions in life. Don't lie and say you're unselfish. Jesus Christ was rumored to be unselfish. He has been immortalized in history if not by other means. Unless you feel like going the same way he did, and if you need modern, I mean getting screwed for an idea, no matter how grand, then don't be selfless.

Communism is a method employed by rulers trying to copy nature; in a seriously fucked up way. Communism doesn't work. There's too much selfishness in people. Its a good thing. It makes us who we are, its the reason we have have ipods, beds, the NFL, and schools.

Pick your kind of selfishness. Make decisions that help you. Make that help the kind that will allow you to provide others with that same opportunity to make such a decision.


This is just thought, no advice to be had. This is one of the reasons why the world is so fucked up.

The odds are so great.

No comments: